Hi vis clothing is an essential safety item for working in low light situations or for ensuring personnel are clearly visible in dangerous situations. It is a legal requirement in many industries as employers are obliged to ensure such precautions are taken in the interests of health and safety. Our extensive range of hi vis clothing is available from as low as 95p – buy today and save on this safety essential.
High visibility clothing is one of the most important part of anyone’s PPE. It means that you are illuminated and people are more aware of your presence in both light and dark situations. This increased awareness minimises the risks of accidental injury.
High visibility clothing is regulated by the British Standards BS EN 471. This is also stated in the European Standard produced with the legal requirements for PPE in mind.
- Employers must provide hi vis workwear free of charge to any employees who may be exposed to danger.
- All hi vis provided to employees must be clean and in a good state.
- Employers must also provide storage for employees to store their clothing when not in use.
- They must also provide information, instruction and training to employees for the use of their hi vis workwear.
- Employers must always make sure employees are wearing hi vis workwear when needed and wearing it correctly.
Employees must always make sure they have listened to their employer’s instruction and training when wearing hi vis. They must always make sure they report damage or defects to protective workwear to their employer.